Looking for any reliable and economical generator for your off-grid application or as a backup generator? Yes, let me introduce – Xantrex PowerHub 1800 Battery Backup Power Storage. It is a powerful solar generator to provide the needed power for off-grid cottages and cabins. Alternatively, bring it to large campsites to provide power to members or use in places where you don’t have access to electricity. Plus, it can also make an excellent backup generator for unexpected power outages in your home. Isn’t that amazing!! Keep reading to learn complete details about the product.
Xantrex PowerHub 1800 Battery Backup Power Storage
The Xantrex PowerHub 1800 converts the power stored in deep cycle batteries to 1800 watts of household power to operate your essential applications. It offers an affordable, high-output, basic power solution for an off-grid cottage or cabin, as well as work as backup power for grid-connected homes during power outages. In addition, setting up this power system is simple and hassle-free. This system design allows you to easily connect to and charge your batteries with solar and wind inputs, and allows for pass-through generator output or generator charging of the batteries as well. It features an advanced automatic power transfer switching for people who want to ensure a safe handover to the generator when it is used as a backup power source for your home.
The best thing about the Xantrex PowerHub 1800 is it’s easy to set up. This portable generator connection hub comes with built-in fuses, breakers, and cables, making the set up simple and hassle-free. This makes it easy to connect this unit to get the power in minutes. For an extra run time from this generator, you can even hook it up to an optional battery box (sold separately) to double the operating time of your appliances. With Xantrex PowerHub 1800 portable power, it’s easy to get reliable, clean energy when you need it most.
Batteries are not included. This unit requires 2 sealed, lead-acid Gel-type 12Vdc, 100Ah batteries. Battery dimensions should be 12″ W x 6.75″ D x 9″ H (batteries available at any automotive supply store).
- Put end to all your worries about running out of power. The renewable power sources, solar and wind, sustain the PowerHub 1800 battery charge indefinitely
- It is an excellent alternative to a generator – for indoor use, with no fuel, fumes or noise
- You can connect it to a grid-tie solar energy system for backup power
- Modified sine wave inverter/charged with battery box
- Its battery box stores up to 200 Amp hours of battery power (single battery box comes included; batteries may purchase separately)
- Connect the second additional battery box to double the battery capacity.
- Include a generator as part of the system. The generator power can pass through the unit to the AC outlets, and recharge the batteries
- Charge the PowerHub 1800 with AC power, Solar or Wind power.
- Features an integrated transfer switch
- Comes with 40-amp three-stage charger
- Includes four AC outlets with hardwire option
- Comes with two DC inputs for solar and/ or wind connections
- Full-feature LED display for system monitoring
- Product Dimensions (in.) 20in.D x 21.9in.W x 14.1in.H
- Inverter Weight (lb.) 27.3lb and Battery Box weight 29.0 lb (13.15 kg)
- One Year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
- Inverter/charger box
- Battery box
- Battery connector cable set
- Built-in transfer switch
- Display panel
- Hardwired connection set
- AC plug
- Inverter & Battery Box Dimensions: 14.1″ x 21.9″ x 20″ (35.8 x 55.6 x 50.8 cm)
- Package Weight: 57.5 lb
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Inverter Maximum Power: 1800 Watts
- Continuous Power: 1440 Watts
- Surge Rating: 2880 Watts
- AC output voltage: 115V
- AC output frequency: 60 Hz +/- 1 Hz
- AC output waveform: Modified sine wave
How to Use?
Xantrex PowerHub 1800 is easy to set-up and use. Simply install your sealed, lead-acid Gel-type 12Vdc, 100Ah batteries into the provided battery box. Connect the batteries to the PowerHub 1800 with the supplied cables. Plug in the unit into your wall outlet to start trickle charging your batteries. And just when a power outage occurs, plug in your appliances or devices into the PowerHub 1800 to use. For alternate power supply to charge your batteries in the unit, connect solar panels or wind turbines
The estimated run-times for some of your regularly use appliances are. Please note the below details are based on the PowerHub 1800 with 2 – 100 AH batteries installed.
- Refrigerator – 18 cu. Ft. (120 watts) 15 hours
- Inkjet Printer (8 watts) 218 hours
- Laptop computer (65 Watts) 22 hours
- Table lamp (25 watts) 54 hours
- Cellular telephone (5 watts) 396 Hours
If you need additional power, then increase the run time of your Xantrex PowerHub 1800 with an optional battery box. It can hold 2 more batteries to double the operating time of your appliances.
You will find mixed customer reviews for this product. It has received 2.7 out of 5 stars on Amazon from 16 reviewers. People say it is easy to install and easy to use but lasts on an average of two to three years. Some people even experience a breakdown in less than two years. However, it’s an economical and efficient solution for off the grid power.
Siren says it is a nice looking unit but with flaws in design. It worked great for 14 months plugged into the grid for constant charging. But one day an overload error E03 appeared which is not repairable. Internet research shows this to be a common problem with no solution except throw away. However, his other Xantrex old inverters are still functional for over 15 years. They have been overloaded and reset themselves several times.
Rtc says not to buy this unit if reliability is important. He tried to put a small microwave oven to it, rated at 1000 watts and it popped and gave an EO3 code, too much load. Plus it is not a true sine wave inverter either. It is not repairable but only replaced by spending extra money.
Xantrex PowerHub 1800 Battery Backup Power Storage is affordable and easy to use the unit to help you instantly during electricity cut or in an off-grid application. Plus, its unique feature – option to charge it with AC power, solar power or wind power, makes it a handier unit.